Thursday, May 2, 2013

It's May Already

I can't believe it's May already. Time is flying by. Not a whole lot going on with us lately. We are still working on our routine and trying to get a little more consistent in our feeding/sleep schedules. Elly is definitely growing, now weighing 9 pounds, 1 ounce. She is becoming a little chunk. We have a good eater on our hands for sure. She gets between 4-5 ounces at each feeding including her night bottle feeding of breastmilk. We have found that giving her the bottle at night helps her sleep a little longer. For the most part she eats between 9:30-10:30 then will wake around 2:30-4:00 for another feeding and then again between 3-4 hours after that feeding. It has been nice for me to get a little more sleep, though she makes LOTS of noise while she sleeps so I end up waking up anyway. She is still sleeping in her bassinet in our bedroom and keeps turning herself sideways. I think we are going to have to move her into her crib pretty soon. We are just waiting on her wedge to come in! Once we know she sleeps good on that, I think we will move her.
Getting as long as her bassinet. Graduated out of this swaddle blanket to a bigger one
Elly's hair has fallen out in the front a bit and looks like she has a reseeding hair line. It is starting to grow back and looks like we are going to keep the light brown with red tent hair. That makes for one happy mommy! Dad has also been having some bonding time with Elly. He likes to put Elly's hair in a mohawk instead of a bow or headband. It stays pretty well without any products. I think this is only the beginning of the random stuff mom is going to see on Elly.

My mohawk - courtesy of daddy

She is still developing her personality. For the most part she is one happy baby and loves to make random faces. She has been waking herself up crying from her naps a bit but will also laugh in her sleep. Hopefully I can get a video soon of her laughing. It's precious!

When asked to smile for the picture, this is what we get

She has been a good little co-worker the last few weeks. For the most part I have it figured out for her to take her naps while I am on a call. She has sat at my desk while I have worked when she's a little fussy and I have gotten pretty good with one handed typing. We did get a new babywearing sling (more on that in a future post) so that might help to give me two hands to type.

Hard at work!

Worked so hard it pooped Elly out@
Just a few bonus pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment